Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rafting down the river

This past weekend I took a little trip down to Moab, went camping and then rafted down the Colorado river. And let me just tell you, it was beautiful and amazing. I absolutely loved the scenery. The sun shining overhead, the gorgeous rock formations and the puffy white clouds all combined in the most amazing picture I have ever seen.

Amidst all the beautiful scenery there was a slight mishap that I would like to share with you all right now. About 30 minutes into our 6 hour float down the river members of our party on other rafts attacked and tried to throw everyone on my raft into the murky brown waters. As the boy sitting in front of me was thrown off, an oar somehow managed to fly into the air and smack me square in the forehead. Ouch. Let's just say there were some tears involved and a very grouchy Marci. As the day progressed I started feeling better and I was able to have fun with the rest of the group.

About halfway down the river we stopped at a little sandy beach area and cut into the watermelons we had brought along. It was my first time really playing in sand and I had a little too much fun. I ended up with Sand in my swimsuit for the rest of the day, but I think that was mostly due to Bruce dumping sand down the back of my swimsuit. I thoroughly enjoyed my shower when I got home on saturday night.

When we finally finished floating down the river we deflated the rafts and headed into downtown Moab, which is way cute and I totally want to go back and go shopping there sometime. We stopped at the Moab Diner and had dinner, which was delicious. Then we started the trek home. When we finally got back to Provo I showered and went to bed.

When I woke up on this morning I had a pounding headache and my entire body was sore. I stayed home from church and started feeling better, but I have not yet fully recovered. I still have a constant headache and the bump on my head is still slightly visible. I don't think I have a concussion but I am not entirely sure as I have felt nauseas throughout the day, and I just feel off. I just want to better in time for work tomorrow or I will have to stay home as I don't think my head could handle the noise at the bindery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...the gorgeous rock formations..."
you can never make fun of me again

Marci and Sarah! said...

ahahaha. oh ginger. you and your rocks.

-sarah

Marci and Sarah! said...

well they were gorgeous. at least I didn't describe what kind of rocks they were. so i think i can still make fun of you... yup i still can :)