Monday, April 21, 2008

New Beginnings

So I (Marci) have been thinking about life a lot recently. To the point that it is consuming my life. Out of control basically. Yet kind of fitting for what is going on. I am coming to the end of a semester, and all of my BYU friends are leaving me. The boys are headed to various places throughout the world to spread the gospel for 2 years while all my girl friends are heading back to their respective states to spend their summers working and making money and spending time with their families. And me? I'm staying in the bubble known as Provo, Utah... yeah sounds like the best summer ever doesn't it... okay maybe not. So obviously I'm not thrilled with the prospect of 4 months in the bubble without my 2 best friends. But I did get a job today, so things are starting to look up. And I am moving on saturday to the cutest apartment. okay it isn't the cutest apartment, but it is a whole lot better than the prison cell I currently occupy. And while I am going to miss my friends, let's be honest. I need my space and time away. That is the only way I will be able to truly appreciate them. And as Payton from One Tree Hill likes to remind the world, people always leave. It is a vicious cycle. Sometimes they come back and other times, well I think you know. Okay so maybe a summer in Provo isn't going to be the worst thing ever. My brother and sister will even be up here so I will get to spend time with them. And this is how I decided that a summer Provo would be the best thing in my life right now. And I also decided that life isn't as bad as I sometimes think. And I also decided this is the beginning of a new Marci. I am getting a fresh start. i am moving to a new apartment, I am getting a new job and I get to make all new friends, in an all new ward. And the weather is bright and warm. This is going to be my best summer yet!

No comments: