Saturday, August 23, 2008

More Adventures in Sam's Club

Day 2
I am jealous of the cell phone people because they have internet. Dumb. I can see it, but can’t have it. So close yet so far away. There are also a bunch of computers to my right, but none of them have internet. Dumb times 2. And I think I convinced a lady to buy a mac. She will lead a better life because of it.
I used the bathroom at sam’s today and it was disgusting. I wonder if they ever clean that place. But this small fact of the bathroom being sick made me not so surprised when I was almost all the way back to my kiosk when I finally realized I had toilet paper stuck to my shoe. All I could do was laugh. Does that seriously happen? I thought that only happened in movies or tv shows or something. I want to see documented cases where this has actually happened in real life. And I want to know why it is so embarrassing. It is not my fault the bathroom floor is littered with toilet paper and goodness knows what to make it stick to my shoe. It grossed me out more than embarrassed me. This little incident, however, gave me hope and made me think that maybe my life is a comedy and not a tragedy. (Reference to Stranger Than Fiction for those of you who didn’t get that) And who doesn’t need some humor in their life? I sure do.

Also a favorite person I watched today. A lady, a normal customer, trying to pull a vacuum off of a high shelf… Uh don’t they have those in boxes on the floor for a reason…

Also a little girl probably about 9 years of age came up and felt the need to inform me that she had lost her mother. Okay great kid, I don’t work here. As I started walking around with her, trying desperately to find any one of the thousands of employees who had previously been swarming my kiosk, she started wandering from me. As she came back towards me I wondered aloud if that was how she had gotten lost. She said no and informed me that her mothers name was nursie… I stared at her, speechless. I couldn’t find an employee soon enough.

No comments: