Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Adventures in Sam's Club

Here I am standing at a little podium in Sam’s Club, bored out of my mind. I am working for one for my dad’s clients for the next couple days selling artwork. Woohoo. The pieces are absolutely stunning and I am trying to decide which one I want. But it is slow and people are not always very friendly. I don’t care if they buy something or not; I am simply trying to be helpful, so when I ask if you have any questions don’t give me attitude. Simply smile and return my warmth and kindness. Please.

Favorite customer:
‘Do you guys have the Mexico City temple?’
No
‘Why not, do you think it is only for whites?’
Pointing at a picture we have on display of Christ:
“Even Jesus is white, and he isn’t even really white, he’s jewish.”

The people that shop at Sam’s are classy. Another favorite customer was one who, when I told him the price of one of the piece he asked, “What’s the poor farmer discount?”
I could only stare.

No comments: